- 400gm can Cannelloni beans – rinsed and drained
- 250g tomatoes – I use a can of tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small purple onion – chopped
- 1 clove garlic – chopped
- 2 bacon rashes – diced
- 1 cup water – you may need a bit more as it cooks.
- 1 teaspoon paprika powder
- ½ teaspoon cumin powder
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar
- Salt to taste
- Heat the oil in a pan
- Add the chopped bacon, onion and garlic.
- Cook until bacon is cooked through,
- Add the remaining ingredients
- Cook on a low heat for 20 minutes.
- Serve with toast.
The beans will absorb all the flavours